Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Adventures in Germany Part 2

Hello EVERYONE! What's going on? I have been having some good days and some bad days. Here is a good piece of news, I finally figured out how to work my adaptor, here is some bad news, my chi flat iron doesn't work here!!! AGGHH! I was so mad today, I went to use it and it wouldn't even turn on, and then I almost cried because I thought that i had broken it, so we went searching online and found that the chi's don't work outside of the US and Canada. I am never buying a chi flat iron AGAIN! So I guess I'm going all natural! =)

I went to trade my travelers checks in (by the way, no one in Germany takes travelers checks, so don't bring them here!) and the first bank I went to, you couldn't trade them, so we went to the "Stadtsparkasse" and waited FOREVER in line and then they said yes you can trade them here, so the man told me to start signing and he went in the back, when he came back I was about to finish signing the last one and he tells me to stop, that he needs the receipt (which by the way they tell you not to keep with your travelers checks). The receipt however was in my HUGE suitcase that I left in Moenchengladbach. So I signed all of these travelers checks and couldn't cash them ANYWHERE! I don't need to tell you that I did not feel any goodwill towards this man! But we worked it out, and soon I will get my credit card, which is by the way another CRAZY story.

So here is some good stuff that has happened. I have been staying with my friend Melanie in Aachen. She is a good friend that I have known for about 7 years. I see her every couple of years, and we have so much fun together. Yesterday we went to Deal or No Deal Deutschland. I was on TV in Germany! It was so cool. Today I did Melanie's hair and her roommates hair. It was a lot of fun.

On Sunday, I went to a soccer game, it was CRAZY! I'm putting the pics up on myspace so check them out, it was cool. They have all these songs they sing and EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE sings them loudly together. It was a lot of fun. Especially when Moenchengladbach scored a goal in the last couple of minutes. The crowd went WILD! They almost pushed me down. But it was sooo much fun.

Today which is Wednesday, we met my friend Peter at his house and then went to a Carnival called a Kirmes, it was so much fun.

So I am having fun. On Saturday at around 9 AM I will be going on the train to Hurlach where my DTS is. It is a 5 hour train ride so I'm making sure my Zune is all charged up and I have my magazine still to read (thank you Terri, you are the best!!) Be praying for me. I love all of you! TSCHUSS!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time!!! God Bless!